Custom reports all you to achieve analysis across all different scopes. For example, you may want to find detailed reports such as:
- Pole / Conductor / Beam / Insulator / Kingbolt reports etc...
- FEA reports
- Clearance reports and more...
This article will go over:
- Add a custom report to the workspace
- Create a new column
NOTE: To create a custom formula field that:
- performs calculations and displays results
- conducts comparisons to report a string (pass or fail for example)
Look at our 'How to create custom formulas for custom reports' article.
Adding a Custom Report to your Workspace
- Select the '+' in your workspace to add a new report to your layout
- Select the 'create custom report' button
- Select the first field 'choose a data source for the custom report'
- Select the data source that you would like to build from.
IN THIS EXAMPLE WE WILL BUILD A STAY/GUY REPORT
- Select 'poles > stays'
Custom Report Terms
1. Insert a new column
2. Delete this column
3. Open the settings for this column (here you can change field names and create formulas)
4. Click the eye to visualize the data in your model
5. Bulk Edit Column (for example, you can change all labels of a stay in bulk)
6. Filter the column (filter to pass/fail or below/above or equal to values)
7. Order the column (order to be ascending or descending)
Creating a new Column
Creating a new column gives us flexibility in creating custom reports. For example, in this stay report, we want to know the status of the pole it is attached to.
1. Select '+' to insert a column
2. Label your new field and press enter
3. Select the parent data source, in this case, it is the 'pole' the stay is attached to
4. Select the next data, in this case, it is the 'status' of the pole
5. Select 'OK' and your column will load with values
Export your custom report
You can export your custom reports into multiple formats by clicking the export buttons at the top right.