A template file is a model file that can be loaded each time a new design is created, so that custom libraries, environment settings and clearance rules can be saved and used without having to create them each time.
To create a template file:
- Start a new project file
- Create the environment settings under the environments menu: https://powerlinespro.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/12000073461
- Add in project settings by clicking on 'Project' in the menu and then clicking settings
- Create custom clearances under the clearance menu: https://powerlinespro.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/12000073286
- Load in and modify libraries: https://powerlinespro.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/12000073754
- Once these have been done, download the file and it can be used as a template for any other files.